Some things stand out. And some of those are unfortunately not included here due to a failure in memory.
Best of 2010…according to Christina Parisi (in no order of importance)
1. some amazing films – Blue Valentine, The Fighter, Inception and Babies
2. Apple’s iPhone 4
3. some great new albums – LCD Soundsystem “This is Happening”, Eminem “Recovery”, & The Clientele “Minotaur”
4. some balance in political power
5. the end of “don’t ask don’t tell”
6. Jonathan Franzen’s long-awaited fictional work “Freedom” – a genius observer of humanity
7. LCD Soundsystem and Hot Chip concert at The Hollywood Bowl – electric!
8. showing my short film “Rhythm of Causality” on the big screen at the Buffalo Niagara Film Festival. Not only was I born in Buffalo and have a ton of family there, but the screening was in the very theater where my father had once been employed as an usher.
9. meeting a 96-year-old woman at the bank who was sharper than some thirty-year-old’s I know.
10. seeing one of my favorite bands “The Clientele” at Spaceland and being maybe ten feet from them.
Now on to 2011…