Wow. I got a pit in my stomach as I wrote that.
High school wasn’t my favorite time in life. It was one of my least favorite actually. Maybe that’s why I thought it would be a cool idea to think of eleven (my favorite number) things I would say to my insecure, lost in dreams, sixteen year old self now, if I were somehow able too, (I guess I’m still a little lost in dreams…)
TO: 16-YEAR-OLD CHRISTINA
FROM: 36-YEAR-OLD CHRISTINA
Advice it is wise to heed. Who better to give it to you?
1. Go to the dentist every six months. Just do it. Trust me. And floss.
2. High school is but a tiny blip on your journey. It may not feel as such but know that IT IS.
3. With freedom comes responsibility. Use it wisely. DO NOT get a credit card until you’re at least thirty.
4. Pinch yourself HARD every time you let a guy treat you anything but wonderful. Your arms will get red so hopefully you will learn not to tolerate this sooner than later.
5. And vice versus. Treat guys and others the same way you want to be treated. Period.
6. Don’t lie.
7. Enjoy the ability to BURN FAT like it’s nobody’s business. This will not always be the case.
8. Write in big letters “THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND ME” on something you will look at everyday.
9. Be kind. You may feel like the world is cruel and against you but you seriously have no idea how good you have it.
10. Don’t give up so easily.
11. Know you’ll always get the parking ticket so DON’T CHANCE IT EVER.